The Entrepreneurship and Management department conducts an intense research activity that allows to successfully support the educational process by:
- Developing department'ss infrastructure by equipping it with the latest research and education facilities, and by providing access to relevant recent research resources;
- Substantiating the theoretical training of students based on the current state of the art nationally and internationally;
- Facilitating the participation of students in BS, master'ss and doctorate degrees to applied research projects, internships and consultancy offered to companies;
- Ensuring national and international visibility and recognition of department'ss staff both nationally and internationally, by publishing the results of research conducted;
- Establishing collaborations with academic and research institutions from Romania and abroad, as well as with representatives of local and international businesses environment in order to implement research projects, with favorable echoes for increased impact and network expansion and strengthening of the department.
The main research directions of the department of Entrepreneurship and Management include:
-Technological Innovation and Development
-Human Resources Management
-Information Systems for Business
Department’s members have attended and are currently involved in many types of projects and national and international research programs, as coordinators (project directors) or as partners (team members): FP6, PHARE, Structural Funds, projects financed from the National Plan for RDI, projects within SOCRATES, ERASMUS, LEONARDO DA VINCI schemes etc.
For research purposes, the Department has a modern entity destined for research in management and related fields: The CAM Center.
Also, The Entrepreneurship and Management department is organizing once every two years The International Conference on Management and Industrial Engineering - ICMIE (http://www.icmie.ro)